Thursday, December 2, 2010

This is the start of something amazing..

The beginning of an end
The beginning of a beginning
Another milestone in my favorite chapter of my life thus far

I've started this blog because I found out yesterday (12/01/10) that I got a spot on the medical mission rotation I applied for only a month ago, and I want to document my experience.

This first blog won't be much of anything; really I'm just posting it so that I can test out the blogger design settings and get everything looking the way I want it to before I share the link to my blog with the internet world. With my next blog I hope to start sharing everything - what I'm thinking, how I'm feeling, new and old information and updates about the mission, etc. - as it comes up. I intend to share, at the very least, some highlights of the essay that I submitted with my application; I hope it will help you understand a little more about the way my heart thinks, how much this trip means to me, and some of the who's, what's and when's of all the why's. I'm sure there will be a few posts that don't pertain to the mission in any way at all, but I hope that'll be okay with all of you. :)

Hopefully I can, more often than not, leave you with a few quotes that are relevant to the mood of the blog post. I like quotes.

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."
-T.S. Eliot

"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way and not starting."
-Buddha
[I find this one is especially appropriate since, chances are, I'll be going to a country whose major religion by a whopping 96% majority is Buddhism.]

<3 <3 <3
Kati

3 comments:

  1. Hey thanks!! Now.. if only the comment were relevant to.. oh anything. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete